Barbra Streisand got an awkward kiss on the cheek from George W. Bush this week when the singer was named a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. Streisand, an outspoken liberal who has said that both of Bush’s electoral victories were stolen, said she was putting that all aside to receive the prestigious award. “Art transcends politics this weekend,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week