Barbra Streisand got an awkward kiss on the cheek from George W. Bush this week when the singer was named a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. Streisand, an outspoken liberal who has said that both of Bush’s electoral victories were stolen, said she was putting that all aside to receive the prestigious award. “Art transcends politics this weekend,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
Subscribe to the Week