Barbra Streisand got an awkward kiss on the cheek from George W. Bush this week when the singer was named a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. Streisand, an outspoken liberal who has said that both of Bush’s electoral victories were stolen, said she was putting that all aside to receive the prestigious award. “Art transcends politics this weekend,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week