Barbra Streisand got an awkward kiss on the cheek from George W. Bush this week when the singer was named a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. Streisand, an outspoken liberal who has said that both of Bush’s electoral victories were stolen, said she was putting that all aside to receive the prestigious award. “Art transcends politics this weekend,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week