31% of Americans say that the recession has forced them to cut back on necessities such as food and medicine, while 38% say they have cut their heating and electric bills. 67% say they plan to spend less on Christmas and Hanukkah gifts this year.
55% of Cuban-Americans now favor ending the 46-year-old U.S. embargo on trade and travel with Communist Cuba. That’s the first time a majority of Cuban-Americans has held this view.
Florida International University
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week