31% of Americans say that the recession has forced them to cut back on necessities such as food and medicine, while 38% say they have cut their heating and electric bills. 67% say they plan to spend less on Christmas and Hanukkah gifts this year.
55% of Cuban-Americans now favor ending the 46-year-old U.S. embargo on trade and travel with Communist Cuba. That’s the first time a majority of Cuban-Americans has held this view.
Florida International University
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week