31% of Americans say that the recession has forced them to cut back on necessities such as food and medicine, while 38% say they have cut their heating and electric bills. 67% say they plan to spend less on Christmas and Hanukkah gifts this year.
55% of Cuban-Americans now favor ending the 46-year-old U.S. embargo on trade and travel with Communist Cuba. That’s the first time a majority of Cuban-Americans has held this view.
Florida International University
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week