31% of Americans say that the recession has forced them to cut back on necessities such as food and medicine, while 38% say they have cut their heating and electric bills. 67% say they plan to spend less on Christmas and Hanukkah gifts this year.
55% of Cuban-Americans now favor ending the 46-year-old U.S. embargo on trade and travel with Communist Cuba. That’s the first time a majority of Cuban-Americans has held this view.
Florida International University
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week