A Titanic New Year’s
The Titanic interactive museum in Branson, Mo., is throwing a New Year’s party with Titanic-themed décor and a dinner replicating the ship’s menu. Party tickets and a double room start at $399.
Presidential Suite stay
Through Dec. 30, a night’s stay in the Presidential Suite at the Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza is discounted to $2,008. Every U.S. president since Lyndon B. Johnson has stayed there.
Boating in Arizona
Through March 15, explore Lake Powell and the surrounding canyons in Arizona’s Glen Canyon National Park. A package including two nights in a lake-view double room and rental of a 19-foot powerboat is $388 for two.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week