Evason Hua Hin & Six Senses Spa
The eco-friendly resort of Evason Hua Hin, 125 miles south of Bangkok, is “where Thailand’s royal family takes its leisure,” said Mishi Saran in the Financial Times. We had reserved a villa with a private pool that proved well worth the extra cost. Water lilies were set out for us each morning, and showering in the open-air bathroom felt like “stepping naked into the sun and then turning on the rain.” The delectable breakfast buffet featured fresh local fruit and dozens of homemade jams. Daylong expeditions include guided trips to a national park, a mangrove swamp, and various nearby royal palaces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
Subscribe to the Week