Evason Hua Hin & Six Senses Spa
The eco-friendly resort of Evason Hua Hin, 125 miles south of Bangkok, is “where Thailand’s royal family takes its leisure,” said Mishi Saran in the Financial Times. We had reserved a villa with a private pool that proved well worth the extra cost. Water lilies were set out for us each morning, and showering in the open-air bathroom felt like “stepping naked into the sun and then turning on the rain.” The delectable breakfast buffet featured fresh local fruit and dozens of homemade jams. Daylong expeditions include guided trips to a national park, a mangrove swamp, and various nearby royal palaces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week