Evason Hua Hin & Six Senses Spa
The eco-friendly resort of Evason Hua Hin, 125 miles south of Bangkok, is “where Thailand’s royal family takes its leisure,” said Mishi Saran in the Financial Times. We had reserved a villa with a private pool that proved well worth the extra cost. Water lilies were set out for us each morning, and showering in the open-air bathroom felt like “stepping naked into the sun and then turning on the rain.” The delectable breakfast buffet featured fresh local fruit and dozens of homemade jams. Daylong expeditions include guided trips to a national park, a mangrove swamp, and various nearby royal palaces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week