Evason Hua Hin & Six Senses Spa
The eco-friendly resort of Evason Hua Hin, 125 miles south of Bangkok, is “where Thailand’s royal family takes its leisure,” said Mishi Saran in the Financial Times. We had reserved a villa with a private pool that proved well worth the extra cost. Water lilies were set out for us each morning, and showering in the open-air bathroom felt like “stepping naked into the sun and then turning on the rain.” The delectable breakfast buffet featured fresh local fruit and dozens of homemade jams. Daylong expeditions include guided trips to a national park, a mangrove swamp, and various nearby royal palaces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week