Evason Hua Hin & Six Senses Spa
The eco-friendly resort of Evason Hua Hin, 125 miles south of Bangkok, is “where Thailand’s royal family takes its leisure,” said Mishi Saran in the Financial Times. We had reserved a villa with a private pool that proved well worth the extra cost. Water lilies were set out for us each morning, and showering in the open-air bathroom felt like “stepping naked into the sun and then turning on the rain.” The delectable breakfast buffet featured fresh local fruit and dozens of homemade jams. Daylong expeditions include guided trips to a national park, a mangrove swamp, and various nearby royal palaces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week