With this “mini DJ station,” future American Idols can record their own songs, add special vocal effects, and play them back on a detachable player. Ages 3 and up.
Price: $60 Contact: Toysrus.com or Vtech.com
This “next-generation” karaoke system plugs into an iPod, so you can grab the mic, “unleash your inner rock star,” and deliver the most realistic karaoke performance to date.
Price: $69.99 Contact: Walmart.com or Memorex.com
The “800-pound transforming trailer” combines storage and shelter. It can transport all your gear to a campground and then convert into a “camper-esque dome tent” with enough space for four adults.
Price: $8,000 Contact: Sylvansport.com
Source: Men’s Journal
Quai de l’Ile watch
This timepiece “takes ‘bespoke’ to the next level.” The man in your life can choose from a number of metals, dials, and bezels—so his watch can be his own, even if his time isn’t.
Price: Starting at $12,000 Contact: Vacheron-constantin.com
Sure to inspire future Mario Batalis or Rachael Rays, this cooking kit includes five easy recipes and a denim apron with culinary tools
in sizes a child can handle. Ages 6 and up.
Price: $39.99 Contact: Playfulinc.com
Source: New York
Strida 5.0 folding bicycle
Though it looks complicated, this collapsible, cast aluminum bike is as simple as can be. It folds to a size that easily fits in the trunk of a car or under your desk. Available in black, brushed silver, yellow, purple, and green.
Price: $800 Contact: Strida.us
Source: Vanity Fair
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- What the latest White House shake-up means for President Obama
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week