With this “mini DJ station,” future American Idols can record their own songs, add special vocal effects, and play them back on a detachable player. Ages 3 and up.
Price: $60 Contact: Toysrus.com or Vtech.com
This “next-generation” karaoke system plugs into an iPod, so you can grab the mic, “unleash your inner rock star,” and deliver the most realistic karaoke performance to date.
Price: $69.99 Contact: Walmart.com or Memorex.com
The “800-pound transforming trailer” combines storage and shelter. It can transport all your gear to a campground and then convert into a “camper-esque dome tent” with enough space for four adults.
Price: $8,000 Contact: Sylvansport.com
Source: Men’s Journal
Quai de l’Ile watch
This timepiece “takes ‘bespoke’ to the next level.” The man in your life can choose from a number of metals, dials, and bezels—so his watch can be his own, even if his time isn’t.
Price: Starting at $12,000 Contact: Vacheron-constantin.com
Sure to inspire future Mario Batalis or Rachael Rays, this cooking kit includes five easy recipes and a denim apron with culinary tools
in sizes a child can handle. Ages 6 and up.
Price: $39.99 Contact: Playfulinc.com
Source: New York
Strida 5.0 folding bicycle
Though it looks complicated, this collapsible, cast aluminum bike is as simple as can be. It folds to a size that easily fits in the trunk of a car or under your desk. Available in black, brushed silver, yellow, purple, and green.
Price: $800 Contact: Strida.us
Source: Vanity Fair
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Conspiracy theories spread in the wake of Malaysia Airlines flight disappearance
Subscribe to the Week