Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews
(Liberation Entertainment, $25)
The fictional version of these interviews is now in theaters, but the original footage remains “even more than the sum of it still-compelling parts,” said USA Today. In an epilogue from 2007, David Frost explains that Nixon “had a tough time being one of the boys.”
The Day the Earth Stood Still
(20th Century Fox, $16)
This was the “first big-budget, sci-fi message flick to come out of Hollywood,” said Wired. In anticipation of a remake to be released this week, the DVD takes an “extensive look back at the ’50s classic” about an alien who warns about atomic warfare. “The most enjoyable extra” is commentary from directors Robert Wise and Nicolas Meyer.
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
(Walt Disney, $29.99)
The second installment of live-action films based on C.S. Lewis’ fantasy series is a “more-exciting, battle-heavy improvement,” said the Grand Rapids, Mich., Press. The DVD includes deleted scenes from the film, which chronicles Prince Caspian’s battle against his evil uncle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week