Frost/Nixon: The Original Watergate Interviews
(Liberation Entertainment, $25)
The fictional version of these interviews is now in theaters, but the original footage remains “even more than the sum of it still-compelling parts,” said USA Today. In an epilogue from 2007, David Frost explains that Nixon “had a tough time being one of the boys.”
The Day the Earth Stood Still
(20th Century Fox, $16)
This was the “first big-budget, sci-fi message flick to come out of Hollywood,” said Wired. In anticipation of a remake to be released this week, the DVD takes an “extensive look back at the ’50s classic” about an alien who warns about atomic warfare. “The most enjoyable extra” is commentary from directors Robert Wise and Nicolas Meyer.
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
(Walt Disney, $29.99)
The second installment of live-action films based on C.S. Lewis’ fantasy series is a “more-exciting, battle-heavy improvement,” said the Grand Rapids, Mich., Press. The DVD includes deleted scenes from the film, which chronicles Prince Caspian’s battle against his evil uncle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week