GOOD DAY FOR: Sharing the spotlight, as Bernard Madoff’s world-famous $50 billion swindle is playing understudy in Denmark, where IT Factory CEO Stein Bagger drove his company into the ground by inking ersatz software contracts worth $175 million with some of Scandinavia’s largest banks. Denmark was ranked the least-corrput nation in 2008 by Transparency International. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: A vegetarian girlfriend, after Burger King unveiled a limited-edtion men’s body spray, called Flame. The spray is meant to make the wearer smell slightly like a Whopper, or as Burger King calls it, “the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat.” (Gothamist)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- Surviving a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week