OOD DAY FOR: Sharing the spotlight, as Bernard Madoff’s world-famous $50 billion swindle is playing understudy in Denmark, where IT Factory CEO Stein Bagger drove his company into the ground by inking ersatz software contracts worth $175 million with some of Scandinavia’s largest banks. Denmark was ranked the least-corrput nation in 2008 by Transparency International. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: A vegetarian girlfriend, after Burger King unveiled a limited-edtion men’s body spray, called Flame. The spray is meant to make the wearer smell slightly like a Whopper, or as Burger King calls it, “the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat.” (Gothamist)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week