GOOD DAY FOR: Sharing the spotlight, as Bernard Madoff’s world-famous $50 billion swindle is playing understudy in Denmark, where IT Factory CEO Stein Bagger drove his company into the ground by inking ersatz software contracts worth $175 million with some of Scandinavia’s largest banks. Denmark was ranked the least-corrput nation in 2008 by Transparency International. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: A vegetarian girlfriend, after Burger King unveiled a limited-edtion men’s body spray, called Flame. The spray is meant to make the wearer smell slightly like a Whopper, or as Burger King calls it, “the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat.” (Gothamist)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
Subscribe to the Week