Adolf Hitler Campbell's birthday cake
A New Jersey man is charging that a ShopRite supermarket refused to personalize a birthday cake for his 3-year-old son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. Heath Campbell, 35, also says the store refused to inscribe a cake for his 2-year-old daughter, JoyceLynne Aryan Nation Campbell, and that the staff at Wal-Mart is more helpful. “Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability,” said a Wal-Mart spokeswoman.
No alimony for wife with cellmate
A Florida man has suspended his ex-wife’s alimony payments on the grounds that she is now living with someone else—her prison cellmate. A review panel this week agreed with Andrew Craissati that he could end his $2,000-a-month payment to ex-wife Patricia, 48, because she had entered a state of “cohabitation.” Patricia Craissati, now serving nine years for a DUI accident, shares a cell with another woman. “It goes to show the most winnable case is losable,” said her lawyer, who will appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week