Adolf Hitler Campbell's birthday cake
A New Jersey man is charging that a ShopRite supermarket refused to personalize a birthday cake for his 3-year-old son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. Heath Campbell, 35, also says the store refused to inscribe a cake for his 2-year-old daughter, JoyceLynne Aryan Nation Campbell, and that the staff at Wal-Mart is more helpful. “Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability,” said a Wal-Mart spokeswoman.
No alimony for wife with cellmate
A Florida man has suspended his ex-wife’s alimony payments on the grounds that she is now living with someone else—her prison cellmate. A review panel this week agreed with Andrew Craissati that he could end his $2,000-a-month payment to ex-wife Patricia, 48, because she had entered a state of “cohabitation.” Patricia Craissati, now serving nine years for a DUI accident, shares a cell with another woman. “It goes to show the most winnable case is losable,” said her lawyer, who will appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week