Adolf Hitler Campbell's birthday cake
A New Jersey man is charging that a ShopRite supermarket refused to personalize a birthday cake for his 3-year-old son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. Heath Campbell, 35, also says the store refused to inscribe a cake for his 2-year-old daughter, JoyceLynne Aryan Nation Campbell, and that the staff at Wal-Mart is more helpful. “Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability,” said a Wal-Mart spokeswoman.
No alimony for wife with cellmate
A Florida man has suspended his ex-wife’s alimony payments on the grounds that she is now living with someone else—her prison cellmate. A review panel this week agreed with Andrew Craissati that he could end his $2,000-a-month payment to ex-wife Patricia, 48, because she had entered a state of “cohabitation.” Patricia Craissati, now serving nine years for a DUI accident, shares a cell with another woman. “It goes to show the most winnable case is losable,” said her lawyer, who will appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week