Adolf Hitler Campbell's birthday cake
A New Jersey man is charging that a ShopRite supermarket refused to personalize a birthday cake for his 3-year-old son, Adolf Hitler Campbell. Heath Campbell, 35, also says the store refused to inscribe a cake for his 2-year-old daughter, JoyceLynne Aryan Nation Campbell, and that the staff at Wal-Mart is more helpful. “Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability,” said a Wal-Mart spokeswoman.
No alimony for wife with cellmate
A Florida man has suspended his ex-wife’s alimony payments on the grounds that she is now living with someone else—her prison cellmate. A review panel this week agreed with Andrew Craissati that he could end his $2,000-a-month payment to ex-wife Patricia, 48, because she had entered a state of “cohabitation.” Patricia Craissati, now serving nine years for a DUI accident, shares a cell with another woman. “It goes to show the most winnable case is losable,” said her lawyer, who will appeal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week