26% of Americans believe that members of President-elect Barack Obama’s staff engaged in “illegal activities” related to the charge that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to profit from naming Obama’s Senate replacement. Still, public confidence in Obama to be a good president is at 68%, near the highest level since his election.
Men looking for romance now must contend with a new rival: technology. 46% of women say they would rather go without sex for two weeks than go that long without Internet access. Only 30% of men would make the same trade-off.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week