26% of Americans believe that members of President-elect Barack Obama’s staff engaged in “illegal activities” related to the charge that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to profit from naming Obama’s Senate replacement. Still, public confidence in Obama to be a good president is at 68%, near the highest level since his election.
Men looking for romance now must contend with a new rival: technology. 46% of women say they would rather go without sex for two weeks than go that long without Internet access. Only 30% of men would make the same trade-off.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week