26% of Americans believe that members of President-elect Barack Obama’s staff engaged in “illegal activities” related to the charge that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to profit from naming Obama’s Senate replacement. Still, public confidence in Obama to be a good president is at 68%, near the highest level since his election.
Men looking for romance now must contend with a new rival: technology. 46% of women say they would rather go without sex for two weeks than go that long without Internet access. Only 30% of men would make the same trade-off.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week