26% of Americans believe that members of President-elect Barack Obama’s staff engaged in “illegal activities” related to the charge that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to profit from naming Obama’s Senate replacement. Still, public confidence in Obama to be a good president is at 68%, near the highest level since his election.
Men looking for romance now must contend with a new rival: technology. 46% of women say they would rather go without sex for two weeks than go that long without Internet access. Only 30% of men would make the same trade-off.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 10 things you need to know today: July 24, 2014
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week