26% of Americans believe that members of President-elect Barack Obama’s staff engaged in “illegal activities” related to the charge that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to profit from naming Obama’s Senate replacement. Still, public confidence in Obama to be a good president is at 68%, near the highest level since his election.
Men looking for romance now must contend with a new rival: technology. 46% of women say they would rather go without sex for two weeks than go that long without Internet access. Only 30% of men would make the same trade-off.
- How advertisers use sex to sell products to women
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- The way Hillary can win in 2016
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- 9 last-minute gifts that we actually want
- 6 Christmas gifts for those who have everything
- Will Democrats clean up in 2014 gubernatorial races?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Have banking and law careers gone out of style?
Subscribe to the Week