Stay longer in St. Lucia
The Landings in St. Lucia is offering a free fourth night on three-night stays between Jan. 5 and April 30. The $1,100 deal includes a two-bedroom suite, a $100 resort credit, and kayak and sailboat rental. Book by Dec. 31.
Adventure-seekers can swim with Caribbean reef sharks and dive 2,000 feet in a submarine to see prehistoric six-gill sharks in Roatan, Honduras. Shark Diver offers an eight-day all-inclusive trip for $3,300 per person.
Sail the Caribbean
In March and April, Canadian Sailing Expeditions’ six-night trips from St. Maarten to Antigua start at $1,284 double, plus tax. Includes hands-on sail training on the Windjammer vessel.
Rent Steve Martin’s villa
This spring, actor Steve Martin purchased the four-bedroom Villa au Soleil on St. Barthelemy. The half-acre property—with views of St. Jean Bay, a caretaker’s house, a pool, and a gazebo—rents for $16,000 to $28,000 per week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week