Stay longer in St. Lucia
The Landings in St. Lucia is offering a free fourth night on three-night stays between Jan. 5 and April 30. The $1,100 deal includes a two-bedroom suite, a $100 resort credit, and kayak and sailboat rental. Book by Dec. 31.
Adventure-seekers can swim with Caribbean reef sharks and dive 2,000 feet in a submarine to see prehistoric six-gill sharks in Roatan, Honduras. Shark Diver offers an eight-day all-inclusive trip for $3,300 per person.
Sail the Caribbean
In March and April, Canadian Sailing Expeditions’ six-night trips from St. Maarten to Antigua start at $1,284 double, plus tax. Includes hands-on sail training on the Windjammer vessel.
Rent Steve Martin’s villa
This spring, actor Steve Martin purchased the four-bedroom Villa au Soleil on St. Barthelemy. The half-acre property—with views of St. Jean Bay, a caretaker’s house, a pool, and a gazebo—rents for $16,000 to $28,000 per week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week