tay longer in St. Lucia
The Landings in St. Lucia is offering a free fourth night on three-night stays between Jan. 5 and April 30. The $1,100 deal includes a two-bedroom suite, a $100 resort credit, and kayak and sailboat rental. Book by Dec. 31.
Adventure-seekers can swim with Caribbean reef sharks and dive 2,000 feet in a submarine to see prehistoric six-gill sharks in Roatan, Honduras. Shark Diver offers an eight-day all-inclusive trip for $3,300 per person.
Sail the Caribbean
In March and April, Canadian Sailing Expeditions’ six-night trips from St. Maarten to Antigua start at $1,284 double, plus tax. Includes hands-on sail training on the Windjammer vessel.
Rent Steve Martin’s villa
This spring, actor Steve Martin purchased the four-bedroom Villa au Soleil on St. Barthelemy. The half-acre property—with views of St. Jean Bay, a caretaker’s house, a pool, and a gazebo—rents for $16,000 to $28,000 per week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week