Madonna will give ex-husband Guy Ritchie between $75 million and $90 million in “one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement,” said the singer’s spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. The figure includes the value of the former couple’s country estate in western England, which Ritchie will keep. They are still negotiating over custody of their two children and are sparring over who will get the kids for Christmas, said the London Daily Mail. Ritchie wants them with him in England, for a traditional roast turkey dinner. Madonna wants them in New York for a Kabbalah ceremony and a macrobiotic meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week