Madonna will give ex-husband Guy Ritchie between $75 million and $90 million in “one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement,” said the singer’s spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. The figure includes the value of the former couple’s country estate in western England, which Ritchie will keep. They are still negotiating over custody of their two children and are sparring over who will get the kids for Christmas, said the London Daily Mail. Ritchie wants them with him in England, for a traditional roast turkey dinner. Madonna wants them in New York for a Kabbalah ceremony and a macrobiotic meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week