Madonna will give ex-husband Guy Ritchie between $75 million and $90 million in “one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement,” said the singer’s spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. The figure includes the value of the former couple’s country estate in western England, which Ritchie will keep. They are still negotiating over custody of their two children and are sparring over who will get the kids for Christmas, said the London Daily Mail. Ritchie wants them with him in England, for a traditional roast turkey dinner. Madonna wants them in New York for a Kabbalah ceremony and a macrobiotic meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week