Madonna will give ex-husband Guy Ritchie between $75 million and $90 million in “one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement,” said the singer’s spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg. The figure includes the value of the former couple’s country estate in western England, which Ritchie will keep. They are still negotiating over custody of their two children and are sparring over who will get the kids for Christmas, said the London Daily Mail. Ritchie wants them with him in England, for a traditional roast turkey dinner. Madonna wants them in New York for a Kabbalah ceremony and a macrobiotic meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week