Tom Cruise this week apologized to Today host Matt Lauer for yelling at him and calling him “glib” about psychiatry during his last appearance on the show, in 2005. “I came across as arrogant,” said Cruise, whose religion, Scientology, bars psychiatric treatment. “I absolutely could have handled that better.” Cruise said he now tries to separate his work as an entertainer from his “humanitarian” endeavors.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week