Tom Cruise this week apologized to Today host Matt Lauer for yelling at him and calling him “glib” about psychiatry during his last appearance on the show, in 2005. “I came across as arrogant,” said Cruise, whose religion, Scientology, bars psychiatric treatment. “I absolutely could have handled that better.” Cruise said he now tries to separate his work as an entertainer from his “humanitarian” endeavors.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week