Tom Cruise this week apologized to Today host Matt Lauer for yelling at him and calling him “glib” about psychiatry during his last appearance on the show, in 2005. “I came across as arrogant,” said Cruise, whose religion, Scientology, bars psychiatric treatment. “I absolutely could have handled that better.” Cruise said he now tries to separate his work as an entertainer from his “humanitarian” endeavors.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week