om Cruise this week apologized to Today host Matt Lauer for yelling at him and calling him “glib” about psychiatry during his last appearance on the show, in 2005. “I came across as arrogant,” said Cruise, whose religion, Scientology, bars psychiatric treatment. “I absolutely could have handled that better.” Cruise said he now tries to separate his work as an entertainer from his “humanitarian” endeavors.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
Subscribe to the Week