New York Gov. David Paterson this week lashed out at Saturday Night Live for what he termed its “third-grade” jokes about his severe vision impairment. On the show, Fred Armisen portrayed Paterson, who is legally blind, as a squinting buffoon who didn’t know where he was or which way to hold a chart. Armisen’s Paterson also railed against “fancy two-eyed smart alecks.” His spokesman said SNL implied that disabled people are “incapable of having jobs with serious responsibilities.” NBC declined comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week