he Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that the host of February’s Academy Awards will be film and Broadway star Hugh Jackman. “Since it’s a celebration of movies, we wanted a movie star,” rather than a comedian, said producer Laurence Mark. Ratings for the Academy Awards have been steadily declining in recent years and Jackman, recently selected as People magazine’s “sexiest man alive,” is expected to draw in more female viewers. “We are trying to give the evening more of a nightclub-party feel,” said Mark.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week