OOD DAY FOR: Crossing the pond, after a sharp drop in the British pound has made it about 25 percent cheaper for Americans to visit the U.K., compared with a year ago. The good times aren’t expected to last for U.S. tourists, however. “The dollar isn’t really lining itself up for a good year in 2009,” said foreign exchange analyst Stephen Gallo. (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: Using plastic, as Australian police are searching for a man who broke into three sex shops in Cairns, had sex with blow-up dolls, then dumped them in nearby alleys. “It’s totally bizarre,” said one of the sex-shop owners. “It’s a real concern that someone like that is out on the street.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- The case for killing law school
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
Subscribe to the Week