OOD DAY FOR: Dead ends, after police in Walnut Ridge, Ark., arrested a man for allegedly setting up a meth lab in the basement of a funeral home—across the street from the sheriff’s office. Officers walked into the funeral home through an open door to check on a light that the former employee, Robert Lee Lewis, 43, had left on in the would-be lab. (AP in FOX News)
BAD DAY FOR: Old tricks, after a Chilean man was arrested for having his girlfriend pose as his 82-year-old grandmother in a scheme to steal $80,000 from the elderly woman. The girlfriend, 21, wore a latex mask to the bank, with forged documents, and might well have fooled the clerks if one of them hadn’t called the grandmother’s home. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The week's best photojournalism
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week