assachusetts State Police last week arrested the half-brother of Dane Cook for embezzling more than $10 million from the popular comedian. Prosecutors said Darryl McCauley illegally wrote himself checks of up to $3 million while working as Cook’s business manager, spending the money on cars and vacations. A search of McCauley’s house turned up $800,000 in a wall safe. McCauley’s lawyer denied the charges, saying, “McCauley has been critical to Mr. Cook’s success.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week