Massachusetts State Police last week arrested the half-brother of Dane Cook for embezzling more than $10 million from the popular comedian. Prosecutors said Darryl McCauley illegally wrote himself checks of up to $3 million while working as Cook’s business manager, spending the money on cars and vacations. A search of McCauley’s house turned up $800,000 in a wall safe. McCauley’s lawyer denied the charges, saying, “McCauley has been critical to Mr. Cook’s success.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- The week's best editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week