Massachusetts State Police last week arrested the half-brother of Dane Cook for embezzling more than $10 million from the popular comedian. Prosecutors said Darryl McCauley illegally wrote himself checks of up to $3 million while working as Cook’s business manager, spending the money on cars and vacations. A search of McCauley’s house turned up $800,000 in a wall safe. McCauley’s lawyer denied the charges, saying, “McCauley has been critical to Mr. Cook’s success.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week