Massachusetts State Police last week arrested the half-brother of Dane Cook for embezzling more than $10 million from the popular comedian. Prosecutors said Darryl McCauley illegally wrote himself checks of up to $3 million while working as Cook’s business manager, spending the money on cars and vacations. A search of McCauley’s house turned up $800,000 in a wall safe. McCauley’s lawyer denied the charges, saying, “McCauley has been critical to Mr. Cook’s success.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week