Massachusetts State Police last week arrested the half-brother of Dane Cook for embezzling more than $10 million from the popular comedian. Prosecutors said Darryl McCauley illegally wrote himself checks of up to $3 million while working as Cook’s business manager, spending the money on cars and vacations. A search of McCauley’s house turned up $800,000 in a wall safe. McCauley’s lawyer denied the charges, saying, “McCauley has been critical to Mr. Cook’s success.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week