Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth last week to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with—this isn’t ideal,” said Bristol in a statement. But, she added, “I can’t imagine life without him now.” The governor admitted she was “in despair’’ when she first found out that Bristol and boyfriend Levi Johnston were expecting. “Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask him to help you through?” Palin said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week