Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth last week to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with—this isn’t ideal,” said Bristol in a statement. But, she added, “I can’t imagine life without him now.” The governor admitted she was “in despair’’ when she first found out that Bristol and boyfriend Levi Johnston were expecting. “Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask him to help you through?” Palin said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week