Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth last week to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with—this isn’t ideal,” said Bristol in a statement. But, she added, “I can’t imagine life without him now.” The governor admitted she was “in despair’’ when she first found out that Bristol and boyfriend Levi Johnston were expecting. “Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask him to help you through?” Palin said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week