Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth last week to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with—this isn’t ideal,” said Bristol in a statement. But, she added, “I can’t imagine life without him now.” The governor admitted she was “in despair’’ when she first found out that Bristol and boyfriend Levi Johnston were expecting. “Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask him to help you through?” Palin said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week