Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, gave birth last week to a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with—this isn’t ideal,” said Bristol in a statement. But, she added, “I can’t imagine life without him now.” The governor admitted she was “in despair’’ when she first found out that Bristol and boyfriend Levi Johnston were expecting. “Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask him to help you through?” Palin said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week