Patrick Swayze was hospitalized last week with pneumonia, contracted after chemotherapy weakened his immune system. Swayze, 56, was diagnosed last year with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was initially given just weeks to live. This week he said he likely has two more years. “I’d say five years is pretty wishful thinking,” he said. “I’m going through hell, and I’ve only seen the beginning of it.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week