Patrick Swayze was hospitalized last week with pneumonia, contracted after chemotherapy weakened his immune system. Swayze, 56, was diagnosed last year with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was initially given just weeks to live. This week he said he likely has two more years. “I’d say five years is pretty wishful thinking,” he said. “I’m going through hell, and I’ve only seen the beginning of it.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week