Thanks to the economy, Steve Wynn’s latest mega-casino is actually affordable, said Christopher Reynolds in the Los Angeles Times. Opening up the $2.3 billion Encore was certainly a “gamble” for the hotelier. But the 2,034 rooms of the “bronzed skyscraper” are filling up due to a special nightly rate of $159. Connected to the Wynn, the resort boasts “72,000 feet of casino” as well as seven bars, 11 boutiques, a spa, the nightclub XS, and five restaurants, including a steakhouse named after Frank Sinatra. Contact: Encorelasvegas.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week