Thanks to the economy, Steve Wynn’s latest mega-casino is actually affordable, said Christopher Reynolds in the Los Angeles Times. Opening up the $2.3 billion Encore was certainly a “gamble” for the hotelier. But the 2,034 rooms of the “bronzed skyscraper” are filling up due to a special nightly rate of $159. Connected to the Wynn, the resort boasts “72,000 feet of casino” as well as seven bars, 11 boutiques, a spa, the nightclub XS, and five restaurants, including a steakhouse named after Frank Sinatra. Contact: Encorelasvegas.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What liberals get wrong about having kids
Subscribe to the Week