Get away to Venice
TourCrafters offers a Venice Supersaver package including airfare on Al Italia and four nights at the Hotel Hesperia. Prices for midweek departures start at $811 per person double, taxes and breakfasts included.
The Fairmont Washington, D.C., celebrates Lincoln’s 200th birthday with its “Honest Abe” package. Through April, $299 for a family of four, including sets of Lincoln Logs for each child.
Smart kids save in Ohio
Through June 7, kids can present their report cards at one of seven Ohio State Park Resorts and save their parents $10 for each “A.” Maximum saving $50; only one report card applicable per stay. Use online promo code “Stay4A.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week