Get away to Venice
TourCrafters offers a Venice Supersaver package including airfare on Al Italia and four nights at the Hotel Hesperia. Prices for midweek departures start at $811 per person double, taxes and breakfasts included.
The Fairmont Washington, D.C., celebrates Lincoln’s 200th birthday with its “Honest Abe” package. Through April, $299 for a family of four, including sets of Lincoln Logs for each child.
Smart kids save in Ohio
Through June 7, kids can present their report cards at one of seven Ohio State Park Resorts and save their parents $10 for each “A.” Maximum saving $50; only one report card applicable per stay. Use online promo code “Stay4A.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week