Brad Pitt insists he never cheated on Jennifer Aniston, says Kevin West in W. It’s widely assumed that Pitt’s marriage to Aniston ended because he and Angelina Jolie had an affair while making their 2005 movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Indeed, Jolie herself recently said that she and Pitt fell in love on the set, prompting Aniston to call her remarks hurtful and “uncool.” But Pitt, 45, says that Jolie is no home wrecker. “What people don’t understand is that we filmed for a year. We were still filming after Jen and I split up. Even then it doesn’t mean that there was some kind of dastardly affair. There wasn’t. I’m very proud of the way that it was handled.” Pitt says he regrets that Aniston keeps “getting dragged into” the tabloid saga. “Listen, man, Jen is a sweetheart. We still check in with each other. She was a big part of my life, and me hers. I don’t see how there cannot be that. That’s life, man. That’s life.” But Pitt insists that his relationship with Jolie developed in a way that was “respectful” of his marriage, and that he’ll be proud to tell their six children how he and Jolie met. “That film will mean something to our kids. It will, that’s all.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week