rad Pitt insists he never cheated on Jennifer Aniston, says Kevin West in W. It’s widely assumed that Pitt’s marriage to Aniston ended because he and Angelina Jolie had an affair while making their 2005 movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Indeed, Jolie herself recently said that she and Pitt fell in love on the set, prompting Aniston to call her remarks hurtful and “uncool.” But Pitt, 45, says that Jolie is no home wrecker. “What people don’t understand is that we filmed for a year. We were still filming after Jen and I split up. Even then it doesn’t mean that there was some kind of dastardly affair. There wasn’t. I’m very proud of the way that it was handled.” Pitt says he regrets that Aniston keeps “getting dragged into” the tabloid saga. “Listen, man, Jen is a sweetheart. We still check in with each other. She was a big part of my life, and me hers. I don’t see how there cannot be that. That’s life, man. That’s life.” But Pitt insists that his relationship with Jolie developed in a way that was “respectful” of his marriage, and that he’ll be proud to tell their six children how he and Jolie met. “That film will mean something to our kids. It will, that’s all.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week