ritney Spears has been photographed “prancing around in fishnets, bad wigs, red lipstick,” and acting completely “crazy,” said Actress Archives, so what could she “possibly tell us about herself” that we don’t already know? We may soon find out, as the pop star is “reportedly in talks to channel some of the Circus that is her life" into a $14 million three-book deal.
Who wants to read one Britney autobiography? asked Carolyn Kellogg in the Los Angeles Times. Let alone three. But this may only be a rumor—in these hard times, it's hard to believe a publisher would pay anybody more than Bill Clinton's record $10 million two-book memoir deal with Knopf.
As usual with stories about Britney Spears, “it's difficult to tell truth from fiction,” said OK! Magazine. As much as we “would love to see Britney finally tell her complete side of the story—from Mickey Mouse Club to divorced mother of two—we're not holding our breath.”
If Britney's autobiography is for real, said Kat Angus in Canada’s Dose, “it will almost certainly be a bestseller.” Spears is on a serious “comeback crusade, which, so far, has included moving 1.2 million copies of her latest album, Circus, and selling out her world tour.” A book deal would be “yet another success” to add to the list.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week