50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 5 most important developments in climate change in 2014
- Why we can't educate racism away
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story of Christmas
- Oil prices have nosedived — why aren't airfares doing the same?
When Americans banned Christmas
- The dangerous message of The Hunger Games
- 10 things you need to know today: December 25, 2014
- How I lost all my money
Subscribe to the Week