50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week