50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week