50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week