50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week