50% of Americans say economic stimulus packages and corporate bailouts are causing the country to drift toward socialism. Republicans (70%) and independents (53%) are more likely to say the country is moving toward socialism than Democrats (34%).
Fox News/Opinion Dynamics
With the election of Barack Obama, 69% of African-Americans say Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for race relations has been fulfilled, about double the 34% who said the same in a poll last March.
CNN/Opinion Research Corp.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 7 gender options
Subscribe to the Week