(New Line, $28.98)
Ed Harris has created a Western that is “unabashedly old-school,” said The Washington Post. As the film’s director and leading man, Harris balances action and drama with an “offbeat, literate sense of humor.” Extras include commentary and additional scenes.
Gregory Nava’s 1983 drama is honored by some as the first American independent epic, said the Associated Press. “A pointed exploration of immigration and assimilation, El Norte follows a brother and sister who travel from Guatemala to find a future in America.
Patti Smith: Dream of Life
This documentary on “one of the pioneers of punk rock really jumps off the screen,” said the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Beautifully directed by Steven Sebring, the engrossing film is the culmination of more than a decade’s work with the enigmatic artist.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week