Lace bib necklace
Fashioned out of emerald silk-cotton and fastened with a gold vermeil clasp, this opera-length necklace drapes dramatically across the décolletage.
Price: $130; Contact: Aplusrstore.com
Iam ankle boot
An affordable version of the season’s high-fashion trend—stylish lace booties with 4-inch heels and leather trim.
Price: $90; Contact: Ninewest.com
Paired with a simple black top, this pencil skirt with scalloped trim makes for an effortlessly elegant look.
Price: $98; Contact: Whitehouseblackmarket.com
Source: People Style Watch
Carrie bike basket
The designer of this ornate bike basket drew inspiration from her granny’s crocheted tablecloths. It comes with a polyester strap, so you can “carry it with you for an easy trip to the market.”
Price: $60; Contact: Unicahome.com
Source: O magazine
If gothic black seems a bit too somber, try a wooden bangle wrapped in demure pink or taupe.
Price: $38; Contact: Anthropologie.com
Source: In Style
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week