ace bib necklace
Fashioned out of emerald silk-cotton and fastened with a gold vermeil clasp, this opera-length necklace drapes dramatically across the décolletage.
Price: $130; Contact: Aplusrstore.com
Iam ankle boot
An affordable version of the season’s high-fashion trend—stylish lace booties with 4-inch heels and leather trim.
Price: $90; Contact: Ninewest.com
Paired with a simple black top, this pencil skirt with scalloped trim makes for an effortlessly elegant look.
Price: $98; Contact: Whitehouseblackmarket.com
Source: People Style Watch
Carrie bike basket
The designer of this ornate bike basket drew inspiration from her granny’s crocheted tablecloths. It comes with a polyester strap, so you can “carry it with you for an easy trip to the market.”
Price: $60; Contact: Unicahome.com
Source: O magazine
If gothic black seems a bit too somber, try a wooden bangle wrapped in demure pink or taupe.
Price: $38; Contact: Anthropologie.com
Source: In Style
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week