Lace bib necklace
Fashioned out of emerald silk-cotton and fastened with a gold vermeil clasp, this opera-length necklace drapes dramatically across the décolletage.
Price: $130; Contact: Aplusrstore.com
Iam ankle boot
An affordable version of the season’s high-fashion trend—stylish lace booties with 4-inch heels and leather trim.
Price: $90; Contact: Ninewest.com
Paired with a simple black top, this pencil skirt with scalloped trim makes for an effortlessly elegant look.
Price: $98; Contact: Whitehouseblackmarket.com
Source: People Style Watch
Carrie bike basket
The designer of this ornate bike basket drew inspiration from her granny’s crocheted tablecloths. It comes with a polyester strap, so you can “carry it with you for an easy trip to the market.”
Price: $60; Contact: Unicahome.com
Source: O magazine
If gothic black seems a bit too somber, try a wooden bangle wrapped in demure pink or taupe.
Price: $38; Contact: Anthropologie.com
Source: In Style
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week