ace bib necklace
Fashioned out of emerald silk-cotton and fastened with a gold vermeil clasp, this opera-length necklace drapes dramatically across the décolletage.
Price: $130; Contact: Aplusrstore.com
Iam ankle boot
An affordable version of the season’s high-fashion trend—stylish lace booties with 4-inch heels and leather trim.
Price: $90; Contact: Ninewest.com
Paired with a simple black top, this pencil skirt with scalloped trim makes for an effortlessly elegant look.
Price: $98; Contact: Whitehouseblackmarket.com
Source: People Style Watch
Carrie bike basket
The designer of this ornate bike basket drew inspiration from her granny’s crocheted tablecloths. It comes with a polyester strap, so you can “carry it with you for an easy trip to the market.”
Price: $60; Contact: Unicahome.com
Source: O magazine
If gothic black seems a bit too somber, try a wooden bangle wrapped in demure pink or taupe.
Price: $38; Contact: Anthropologie.com
Source: In Style
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week