Lace bib necklace
Fashioned out of emerald silk-cotton and fastened with a gold vermeil clasp, this opera-length necklace drapes dramatically across the décolletage.
Price: $130; Contact: Aplusrstore.com
Iam ankle boot
An affordable version of the season’s high-fashion trend—stylish lace booties with 4-inch heels and leather trim.
Price: $90; Contact: Ninewest.com
Paired with a simple black top, this pencil skirt with scalloped trim makes for an effortlessly elegant look.
Price: $98; Contact: Whitehouseblackmarket.com
Source: People Style Watch
Carrie bike basket
The designer of this ornate bike basket drew inspiration from her granny’s crocheted tablecloths. It comes with a polyester strap, so you can “carry it with you for an easy trip to the market.”
Price: $60; Contact: Unicahome.com
Source: O magazine
If gothic black seems a bit too somber, try a wooden bangle wrapped in demure pink or taupe.
Price: $38; Contact: Anthropologie.com
Source: In Style
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week