Jaman.com requires users to pay “a dollar or more” to download most of its movies, but the choices are theirs to watch for several days. Pick from a vast selection that includes anime, foreign films, and blockbusters like Iron Man, as well as such perennial favorites as Charade, Ordinary People, and Top Gun.
Babelgum.com has begun to “woo indie filmmakers.” Directors Spike Lee and Michel Gondry, considered the site’s “poster boys,” help select great films that aren’t necessarily playing at a theater near you.
Snagfilms.com specializes in documentaries. The video outlet offers such familiar titles as Super Size Me as well as lesser-known films on a wide variety of subjects, such as National Geographic’s Human Footprint.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How I became a borderline hoarder
Subscribe to the Week