aman.com requires users to pay “a dollar or more” to download most of its movies, but the choices are theirs to watch for several days. Pick from a vast selection that includes anime, foreign films, and blockbusters like Iron Man, as well as such perennial favorites as Charade, Ordinary People, and Top Gun.
Babelgum.com has begun to “woo indie filmmakers.” Directors Spike Lee and Michel Gondry, considered the site’s “poster boys,” help select great films that aren’t necessarily playing at a theater near you.
Snagfilms.com specializes in documentaries. The video outlet offers such familiar titles as Super Size Me as well as lesser-known films on a wide variety of subjects, such as National Geographic’s Human Footprint.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
Subscribe to the Week