Two people were arrested in the Bahamas last week in connection with an alleged plot to extort money from John Travolta following the death of his son, Jett. Several media reports said the suspects demanded $20 million in exchange for a cell phone photo of 16-year-old Jett on the way to the hospital. A paramedic who was in the ambulance was charged in the plot this week, along with a Bahamas senator who was close to the family. A third person, a former Bahamas minister of tourism, was questioned by police and denies any involvement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
Subscribe to the Week