wo people were arrested in the Bahamas last week in connection with an alleged plot to extort money from John Travolta following the death of his son, Jett. Several media reports said the suspects demanded $20 million in exchange for a cell phone photo of 16-year-old Jett on the way to the hospital. A paramedic who was in the ambulance was charged in the plot this week, along with a Bahamas senator who was close to the family. A third person, a former Bahamas minister of tourism, was questioned by police and denies any involvement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week