wo people were arrested in the Bahamas last week in connection with an alleged plot to extort money from John Travolta following the death of his son, Jett. Several media reports said the suspects demanded $20 million in exchange for a cell phone photo of 16-year-old Jett on the way to the hospital. A paramedic who was in the ambulance was charged in the plot this week, along with a Bahamas senator who was close to the family. A third person, a former Bahamas minister of tourism, was questioned by police and denies any involvement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week