wo people were arrested in the Bahamas last week in connection with an alleged plot to extort money from John Travolta following the death of his son, Jett. Several media reports said the suspects demanded $20 million in exchange for a cell phone photo of 16-year-old Jett on the way to the hospital. A paramedic who was in the ambulance was charged in the plot this week, along with a Bahamas senator who was close to the family. A third person, a former Bahamas minister of tourism, was questioned by police and denies any involvement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week