Embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich considered offering Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat to talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey. “She was obviously someone with a much broader bully pulpit than other senators,” Blagojevich told Good Morning America this week. But he didn’t follow through, explaining, “If you offered it to her, how would you do it in a way that didn’t look like it was some gimmick and embarrass her?”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week