Embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich considered offering Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat to talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey. “She was obviously someone with a much broader bully pulpit than other senators,” Blagojevich told Good Morning America this week. But he didn’t follow through, explaining, “If you offered it to her, how would you do it in a way that didn’t look like it was some gimmick and embarrass her?”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week