mbattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich considered offering Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat to talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey. “She was obviously someone with a much broader bully pulpit than other senators,” Blagojevich told Good Morning America this week. But he didn’t follow through, explaining, “If you offered it to her, how would you do it in a way that didn’t look like it was some gimmick and embarrass her?”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week