he "rock star-styled administration" of President Obama isn't up to the problems facing America, said Wang Xiaodong in China's Sina news Web site (via Watching America), despite the pledges he made in his "boring and unreadable" book. For instance, he promised to cut U.S. carbon emissions by 80 percent by 2050. That will only happen if the world runs out of oil, or if America, "the biggest disaster in human history," is wiped out in a nuclear war. And despite the "moral superiority complex" of white Americans over electing a black man, Obama will only inflame their "racist instinct" when he fails to bring instant "Change." How can he change the "root cause" of his nations' troubles: that "the American is becoming a dud"? In fact, "America's failed financial casino show" has left it a financial leper, and the only way it will be able to keep on living "extravagantly" is by "grabbing other countries" through military force, as it tried to do with its inefficient "looting in Iraq."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week