The "rock star-styled administration" of President Obama isn't up to the problems facing America, said Wang Xiaodong in China's Sina news Web site (via Watching America), despite the pledges he made in his "boring and unreadable" book. For instance, he promised to cut U.S. carbon emissions by 80 percent by 2050. That will only happen if the world runs out of oil, or if America, "the biggest disaster in human history," is wiped out in a nuclear war. And despite the "moral superiority complex" of white Americans over electing a black man, Obama will only inflame their "racist instinct" when he fails to bring instant "Change." How can he change the "root cause" of his nations' troubles: that "the American is becoming a dud"? In fact, "America's failed financial casino show" has left it a financial leper, and the only way it will be able to keep on living "extravagantly" is by "grabbing other countries" through military force, as it tried to do with its inefficient "looting in Iraq."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week