GOOD DAY FOR: Mixed metaphors, after Denny’s offered everybody in the U.S. a free Grand Slam breakfast during the Super Bowl. The offer for the free breakfast—pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage—is good from 6 am to 2 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 3. (The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: Coitus interruptus, after Comcast customers watching the Super Bowl in the Tucson area were exposed to full-frontal male nudity and sex acts when a video feed from the porn channel Club Jenna briefly interrupted the football game with three minutes left to go. Local station KVOA blamed Comcast for the 30-second porn break; Comcast said it didn’t know what happened. Viewers were generally not amused. “I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up,” said viewer Cora King. “Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out.” (The Arizona Daily Star)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week