GOOD DAY FOR: Mixed metaphors, after Denny’s offered everybody in the U.S. a free Grand Slam breakfast during the Super Bowl. The offer for the free breakfast—pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage—is good from 6 am to 2 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 3. (The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: Coitus interruptus, after Comcast customers watching the Super Bowl in the Tucson area were exposed to full-frontal male nudity and sex acts when a video feed from the porn channel Club Jenna briefly interrupted the football game with three minutes left to go. Local station KVOA blamed Comcast for the 30-second porn break; Comcast said it didn’t know what happened. Viewers were generally not amused. “I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up,” said viewer Cora King. “Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out.” (The Arizona Daily Star)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week