GOOD DAY FOR: Mixed metaphors, after Denny’s offered everybody in the U.S. a free Grand Slam breakfast during the Super Bowl. The offer for the free breakfast—pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage—is good from 6 am to 2 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 3. (The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: Coitus interruptus, after Comcast customers watching the Super Bowl in the Tucson area were exposed to full-frontal male nudity and sex acts when a video feed from the porn channel Club Jenna briefly interrupted the football game with three minutes left to go. Local station KVOA blamed Comcast for the 30-second porn break; Comcast said it didn’t know what happened. Viewers were generally not amused. “I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up,” said viewer Cora King. “Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out.” (The Arizona Daily Star)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week