GOOD DAY FOR: Mixed metaphors, after Denny’s offered everybody in the U.S. a free Grand Slam breakfast during the Super Bowl. The offer for the free breakfast—pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage—is good from 6 am to 2 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 3. (The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: Coitus interruptus, after Comcast customers watching the Super Bowl in the Tucson area were exposed to full-frontal male nudity and sex acts when a video feed from the porn channel Club Jenna briefly interrupted the football game with three minutes left to go. Local station KVOA blamed Comcast for the 30-second porn break; Comcast said it didn’t know what happened. Viewers were generally not amused. “I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up,” said viewer Cora King. “Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out.” (The Arizona Daily Star)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week