GOOD DAY FOR: Mixed metaphors, after Denny’s offered everybody in the U.S. a free Grand Slam breakfast during the Super Bowl. The offer for the free breakfast—pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage—is good from 6 am to 2 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 3. (The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: Coitus interruptus, after Comcast customers watching the Super Bowl in the Tucson area were exposed to full-frontal male nudity and sex acts when a video feed from the porn channel Club Jenna briefly interrupted the football game with three minutes left to go. Local station KVOA blamed Comcast for the 30-second porn break; Comcast said it didn’t know what happened. Viewers were generally not amused. “I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up,” said viewer Cora King. “Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out.” (The Arizona Daily Star)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week