hristian Bale has some anger issues, said Celebuzz. An audio clip of the actor “ferociously castigating a director of photography on the set of Terminator: Salvation” was released by TMZ on Monday (listen here; warning: explicit language), and it’s relentless. Bale spits the F-word 39 times during the “three-and-a-half minute meltdown,” apparently over being interrupted during a scene.
An outburst like that, said Jossip, makes it easier to understand how Bale ended up being accused of “beating up his mother all those months ago during The Dark Knight premiere.” Bale’s mother and sister eventually dropped the charges, but that incident in a London hotel room happened just days after his explosion on the set of Terminator: Salvation—kind of makes you wonder.
Let’s not jump to conclusions, said Geoff Boucher in the Los Angeles Times. Supposedly, the director of photography, Shane Hurlbut, walked across Bale’s sightline during a scene, which is a “huge no-no” on a movie set. And “there's a lot of pressure in making a major blockbuster"—maybe we should cut Bale some slack.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week