hristian Bale has some anger issues, said Celebuzz. An audio clip of the actor “ferociously castigating a director of photography on the set of Terminator: Salvation” was released by TMZ on Monday (listen here; warning: explicit language), and it’s relentless. Bale spits the F-word 39 times during the “three-and-a-half minute meltdown,” apparently over being interrupted during a scene.
An outburst like that, said Jossip, makes it easier to understand how Bale ended up being accused of “beating up his mother all those months ago during The Dark Knight premiere.” Bale’s mother and sister eventually dropped the charges, but that incident in a London hotel room happened just days after his explosion on the set of Terminator: Salvation—kind of makes you wonder.
Let’s not jump to conclusions, said Geoff Boucher in the Los Angeles Times. Supposedly, the director of photography, Shane Hurlbut, walked across Bale’s sightline during a scene, which is a “huge no-no” on a movie set. And “there's a lot of pressure in making a major blockbuster"—maybe we should cut Bale some slack.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- The case for killing law school
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week