Jessica Simpson this week thanked her fans for their loyalty in the wake of a deluge of nasty tabloid stories about an apparent recent weight gain. “We focus on so many things that are completely pointless,” said Simpson, who was photographed last week displaying a noticeably more curvy figure at a Florida performance. Simpson’s sister, Ashlee, said she was “completely disgusted” by the media frenzy. “All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week