Jessica Simpson this week thanked her fans for their loyalty in the wake of a deluge of nasty tabloid stories about an apparent recent weight gain. “We focus on so many things that are completely pointless,” said Simpson, who was photographed last week displaying a noticeably more curvy figure at a Florida performance. Simpson’s sister, Ashlee, said she was “completely disgusted” by the media frenzy. “All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week