Jessica Simpson this week thanked her fans for their loyalty in the wake of a deluge of nasty tabloid stories about an apparent recent weight gain. “We focus on so many things that are completely pointless,” said Simpson, who was photographed last week displaying a noticeably more curvy figure at a Florida performance. Simpson’s sister, Ashlee, said she was “completely disgusted” by the media frenzy. “All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week