Jessica Simpson this week thanked her fans for their loyalty in the wake of a deluge of nasty tabloid stories about an apparent recent weight gain. “We focus on so many things that are completely pointless,” said Simpson, who was photographed last week displaying a noticeably more curvy figure at a Florida performance. Simpson’s sister, Ashlee, said she was “completely disgusted” by the media frenzy. “All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week