Jessica Simpson this week thanked her fans for their loyalty in the wake of a deluge of nasty tabloid stories about an apparent recent weight gain. “We focus on so many things that are completely pointless,” said Simpson, who was photographed last week displaying a noticeably more curvy figure at a Florida performance. Simpson’s sister, Ashlee, said she was “completely disgusted” by the media frenzy. “All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms,” she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week