awyers for Britney Spears last week filed restraining orders against her former manager and her paparazzo ex-boyfriend. The singer’s conservators said that Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib have “an utter disregard for Ms. Spears’ health and well-being,” and that Lutfi had tried to contact Spears through her hairdresser. Spears’ father, Jamie, says his daughter makes matters worse by regularly contacting Ghalib to dispatch his photographer friends to get “candid” shots of her when she goes out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week