Lawyers for Britney Spears last week filed restraining orders against her former manager and her paparazzo ex-boyfriend. The singer’s conservators said that Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib have “an utter disregard for Ms. Spears’ health and well-being,” and that Lutfi had tried to contact Spears through her hairdresser. Spears’ father, Jamie, says his daughter makes matters worse by regularly contacting Ghalib to dispatch his photographer friends to get “candid” shots of her when she goes out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week