Lawyers for Britney Spears last week filed restraining orders against her former manager and her paparazzo ex-boyfriend. The singer’s conservators said that Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib have “an utter disregard for Ms. Spears’ health and well-being,” and that Lutfi had tried to contact Spears through her hairdresser. Spears’ father, Jamie, says his daughter makes matters worse by regularly contacting Ghalib to dispatch his photographer friends to get “candid” shots of her when she goes out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week