Michelle Obama won’t pay a fortune to decorate her daughters’ new rooms at the White House, said Us Weekly. The First Lady has instructed celebrity interior decorator Michael Smith to furnish the rooms of Sasha and Malia with items from Pottery Barn and Anthropologie. Ten-year-old Malia, however, still plans to do her homework on the desk where Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
Subscribe to the Week