ichelle Obama won’t pay a fortune to decorate her daughters’ new rooms at the White House, said Us Weekly. The First Lady has instructed celebrity interior decorator Michael Smith to furnish the rooms of Sasha and Malia with items from Pottery Barn and Anthropologie. Ten-year-old Malia, however, still plans to do her homework on the desk where Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week