Michelle Obama won’t pay a fortune to decorate her daughters’ new rooms at the White House, said Us Weekly. The First Lady has instructed celebrity interior decorator Michael Smith to furnish the rooms of Sasha and Malia with items from Pottery Barn and Anthropologie. Ten-year-old Malia, however, still plans to do her homework on the desk where Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
Subscribe to the Week