Michelle Obama won’t pay a fortune to decorate her daughters’ new rooms at the White House, said Us Weekly. The First Lady has instructed celebrity interior decorator Michael Smith to furnish the rooms of Sasha and Malia with items from Pottery Barn and Anthropologie. Ten-year-old Malia, however, still plans to do her homework on the desk where Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week