48% of Americans say the news media’s coverage of Barack Obama’s presidency so far has been “about right.” 38% say the press hasn’t been “tough enough” on Obama, while 11% say it has been “too tough.”
Many Americans are living dangerously. 73% sometimes use cotton swabs to clean inside their ears, 39% eat raw cookie dough, 24% sometimes do not fasten their seat belts, 48% do not have a carbon-monoxide detector at home, and 32% eat undercooked hamburgers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week