48% of Americans say the news media’s coverage of Barack Obama’s presidency so far has been “about right.” 38% say the press hasn’t been “tough enough” on Obama, while 11% say it has been “too tough.”
Many Americans are living dangerously. 73% sometimes use cotton swabs to clean inside their ears, 39% eat raw cookie dough, 24% sometimes do not fasten their seat belts, 48% do not have a carbon-monoxide detector at home, and 32% eat undercooked hamburgers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week