The Abbey Road Farm
Peace and quiet come easy inside Abbey Road’s silos, said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. A few years ago, owners John and Judi Stuart converted these “shiny metal” silos of Abbey Road Farm into luxury guest suites. The “curving exterior wall is the only real giveaway that you’re sleeping in a giant silo.” Located in the “rolling hills” of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the 82-acre farm offers plenty of “bucolic charms.” A rooster’s crow eliminates the need for an alarm clock. There’s no TV, but farm animals provide entertainment and “the state’s—no, the nation’s—best wineries are a short distance away.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week