The Abbey Road Farm
Peace and quiet come easy inside Abbey Road’s silos, said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. A few years ago, owners John and Judi Stuart converted these “shiny metal” silos of Abbey Road Farm into luxury guest suites. The “curving exterior wall is the only real giveaway that you’re sleeping in a giant silo.” Located in the “rolling hills” of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the 82-acre farm offers plenty of “bucolic charms.” A rooster’s crow eliminates the need for an alarm clock. There’s no TV, but farm animals provide entertainment and “the state’s—no, the nation’s—best wineries are a short distance away.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week