The Abbey Road Farm
Peace and quiet come easy inside Abbey Road’s silos, said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. A few years ago, owners John and Judi Stuart converted these “shiny metal” silos of Abbey Road Farm into luxury guest suites. The “curving exterior wall is the only real giveaway that you’re sleeping in a giant silo.” Located in the “rolling hills” of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the 82-acre farm offers plenty of “bucolic charms.” A rooster’s crow eliminates the need for an alarm clock. There’s no TV, but farm animals provide entertainment and “the state’s—no, the nation’s—best wineries are a short distance away.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week