The Abbey Road Farm
Peace and quiet come easy inside Abbey Road’s silos, said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. A few years ago, owners John and Judi Stuart converted these “shiny metal” silos of Abbey Road Farm into luxury guest suites. The “curving exterior wall is the only real giveaway that you’re sleeping in a giant silo.” Located in the “rolling hills” of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the 82-acre farm offers plenty of “bucolic charms.” A rooster’s crow eliminates the need for an alarm clock. There’s no TV, but farm animals provide entertainment and “the state’s—no, the nation’s—best wineries are a short distance away.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week