The Abbey Road Farm
Peace and quiet come easy inside Abbey Road’s silos, said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. A few years ago, owners John and Judi Stuart converted these “shiny metal” silos of Abbey Road Farm into luxury guest suites. The “curving exterior wall is the only real giveaway that you’re sleeping in a giant silo.” Located in the “rolling hills” of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the 82-acre farm offers plenty of “bucolic charms.” A rooster’s crow eliminates the need for an alarm clock. There’s no TV, but farm animals provide entertainment and “the state’s—no, the nation’s—best wineries are a short distance away.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- This week I learned the meteor that doomed the dinos gave us seasonal trees, and more
Subscribe to the Week