il Wayne has had quite a year, said Jayson Rodriguez MTV.com. Not only was the rapper the top-selling artist of 2008, he also won Best Hip-Hop Video honors at the VMAs. And now, “according to most music experts, Wayne will be walking away with the Best Rap Album award" at the 2009 Grammy Awards on Sunday.
The question is: Does Lil Wayne really want it? said Jim Harrington and Shay Quillen in the San Jose Mercury News. Winning a Grammy can be a “blessing or a curse.” Sometimes “an impressive outing at the Grammys can be a huge boost in an artist's career.” But on the flip side, “many big Grammy winners have immediately fallen off the musical map.”
Lil Wayne has nothing to worry about, said Tom O’Neil in the Los Angeles Times. “Rock voters will be split between Coldplay and Radiohead and urban voters will be split between Lil Wayne and Ne-Yo, leaving Robert Plant and Alison Krauss to win.”
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The Black Death is back
Subscribe to the Week