isebread.com is a group blog run by a dedicated bunch of scrimpers and savers, whose slogan is “Living large on a small budget.” They share advice from their own lives and link to penny-conscious personal finance advice around the Web.
Frugalliving.about.com overflows with advice on everything from “what to do when you suspect you’ll soon be laid off” to the etiquette of regifting.
Frugaldad.com collects the consumer savvy of Jason White, “whose onetime job in a credit card call center” inspired him to encourage others to live within their means. He teaches hard lessons: Cook dinner instead of eating out. Cancel the cable subscription. “Spend less than you make,” he writes, “save money for a rainy day; live debt-free.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week