Wisebread.com is a group blog run by a dedicated bunch of scrimpers and savers, whose slogan is “Living large on a small budget.” They share advice from their own lives and link to penny-conscious personal finance advice around the Web.
Frugalliving.about.com overflows with advice on everything from “what to do when you suspect you’ll soon be laid off” to the etiquette of regifting.
Frugaldad.com collects the consumer savvy of Jason White, “whose onetime job in a credit card call center” inspired him to encourage others to live within their means. He teaches hard lessons: Cook dinner instead of eating out. Cancel the cable subscription. “Spend less than you make,” he writes, “save money for a rainy day; live debt-free.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week