isebread.com is a group blog run by a dedicated bunch of scrimpers and savers, whose slogan is “Living large on a small budget.” They share advice from their own lives and link to penny-conscious personal finance advice around the Web.
Frugalliving.about.com overflows with advice on everything from “what to do when you suspect you’ll soon be laid off” to the etiquette of regifting.
Frugaldad.com collects the consumer savvy of Jason White, “whose onetime job in a credit card call center” inspired him to encourage others to live within their means. He teaches hard lessons: Cook dinner instead of eating out. Cancel the cable subscription. “Spend less than you make,” he writes, “save money for a rainy day; live debt-free.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Can Paul Ryan's poverty blitz survive contact with reality?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
Subscribe to the Week