Wisebread.com is a group blog run by a dedicated bunch of scrimpers and savers, whose slogan is “Living large on a small budget.” They share advice from their own lives and link to penny-conscious personal finance advice around the Web.
Frugalliving.about.com overflows with advice on everything from “what to do when you suspect you’ll soon be laid off” to the etiquette of regifting.
Frugaldad.com collects the consumer savvy of Jason White, “whose onetime job in a credit card call center” inspired him to encourage others to live within their means. He teaches hard lessons: Cook dinner instead of eating out. Cancel the cable subscription. “Spend less than you make,” he writes, “save money for a rainy day; live debt-free.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week