Are You There, God? It’s Me, Blago. Yes, we asked you to come up with the name of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s autobiography, and thus we heard a lot of hair-raising ideas, including: “From Hair to Eternity.” “Notes from Under The Rug.” “The Height of Hairogance.” “Governing for Dummies.” “Abraham, Martin and Rod.” “What, Me Worry?” “If I Did It: The Sequel.” “My Life Out of Context.” “In Rod We Trust.” And, inevitably, “The Audacity of a Dope.”
First Prize: The Rod Blag of Courage.
Roger Curtiss, Deer Harbor, WA
Second Prize: Blaggadocio
Kathleen Coletta, Cincinnati, OH
Third Prize: The Iliad and The Rodyssey
Ann McMinn, Farmington Hills, MI
Wiretappers Are Supposed to Ring Twice
Barbara Ketcham, Malibu, CA
Was That Wrong? The Rod Blagojevich Story
Nancy House, Nashville
The Mousse Will Set You Free: The Rod Blagojevich Story
Amy Lauer Goldin, Princeton, FL
My Life and Hard Crimes
Michael Landau, Evanston, IL
Greatest F*#%in’ Governor Ever: My F*#%in’ Story, In My Own F*#%in’ Words
Brian Plank, Kittanning, PA
In Illinois, It Don’t Mean Dat
Greg Sollitto, Sea Ranch Lakes, FL
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week