Are You There, God? It’s Me, Blago. Yes, we asked you to come up with the name of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s autobiography, and thus we heard a lot of hair-raising ideas, including: “From Hair to Eternity.” “Notes from Under The Rug.” “The Height of Hairogance.” “Governing for Dummies.” “Abraham, Martin and Rod.” “What, Me Worry?” “If I Did It: The Sequel.” “My Life Out of Context.” “In Rod We Trust.” And, inevitably, “The Audacity of a Dope.”
First Prize: The Rod Blag of Courage.
Roger Curtiss, Deer Harbor, WA
Second Prize: Blaggadocio
Kathleen Coletta, Cincinnati, OH
Third Prize: The Iliad and The Rodyssey
Ann McMinn, Farmington Hills, MI
Wiretappers Are Supposed to Ring Twice
Barbara Ketcham, Malibu, CA
Was That Wrong? The Rod Blagojevich Story
Nancy House, Nashville
The Mousse Will Set You Free: The Rod Blagojevich Story
Amy Lauer Goldin, Princeton, FL
My Life and Hard Crimes
Michael Landau, Evanston, IL
Greatest F*#%in’ Governor Ever: My F*#%in’ Story, In My Own F*#%in’ Words
Brian Plank, Kittanning, PA
In Illinois, It Don’t Mean Dat
Greg Sollitto, Sea Ranch Lakes, FL
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
Subscribe to the Week