Are You There, God? It’s Me, Blago. Yes, we asked you to come up with the name of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s autobiography, and thus we heard a lot of hair-raising ideas, including: “From Hair to Eternity.” “Notes from Under The Rug.” “The Height of Hairogance.” “Governing for Dummies.” “Abraham, Martin and Rod.” “What, Me Worry?” “If I Did It: The Sequel.” “My Life Out of Context.” “In Rod We Trust.” And, inevitably, “The Audacity of a Dope.”
First Prize: The Rod Blag of Courage.
Roger Curtiss, Deer Harbor, WA
Second Prize: Blaggadocio
Kathleen Coletta, Cincinnati, OH
Third Prize: The Iliad and The Rodyssey
Ann McMinn, Farmington Hills, MI
Wiretappers Are Supposed to Ring Twice
Barbara Ketcham, Malibu, CA
Was That Wrong? The Rod Blagojevich Story
Nancy House, Nashville
The Mousse Will Set You Free: The Rod Blagojevich Story
Amy Lauer Goldin, Princeton, FL
My Life and Hard Crimes
Michael Landau, Evanston, IL
Greatest F*#%in’ Governor Ever: My F*#%in’ Story, In My Own F*#%in’ Words
Brian Plank, Kittanning, PA
In Illinois, It Don’t Mean Dat
Greg Sollitto, Sea Ranch Lakes, FL
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week