Are You There, God? It’s Me, Blago. Yes, we asked you to come up with the name of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s autobiography, and thus we heard a lot of hair-raising ideas, including: “From Hair to Eternity.” “Notes from Under The Rug.” “The Height of Hairogance.” “Governing for Dummies.” “Abraham, Martin and Rod.” “What, Me Worry?” “If I Did It: The Sequel.” “My Life Out of Context.” “In Rod We Trust.” And, inevitably, “The Audacity of a Dope.”
First Prize: The Rod Blag of Courage.
Roger Curtiss, Deer Harbor, WA
Second Prize: Blaggadocio
Kathleen Coletta, Cincinnati, OH
Third Prize: The Iliad and The Rodyssey
Ann McMinn, Farmington Hills, MI
Wiretappers Are Supposed to Ring Twice
Barbara Ketcham, Malibu, CA
Was That Wrong? The Rod Blagojevich Story
Nancy House, Nashville
The Mousse Will Set You Free: The Rod Blagojevich Story
Amy Lauer Goldin, Princeton, FL
My Life and Hard Crimes
Michael Landau, Evanston, IL
Greatest F*#%in’ Governor Ever: My F*#%in’ Story, In My Own F*#%in’ Words
Brian Plank, Kittanning, PA
In Illinois, It Don’t Mean Dat
Greg Sollitto, Sea Ranch Lakes, FL
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week