OOD DAY FOR: Hitting the off button, after a British woman started divorce proceedings because she caught her husband engaging in “gay dungeon romps” in the online world Second Life. Lisa Best said she woke up to find her husband, John, next to her in bed with a laptop, having virtual gay sex. “There were three in our marriage—myself, John, and his laptop,” she said. (News of the World, via The Inquisitr)
BAD DAY FOR: A happy New Year, after a blaze sparked by a fireworks display destroyed a 44-story building next to the iconic new headquarters of China Central Television. Both the destroyed Television Cultural Center building—home of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Beijing—and the CCTV Tower were designed by noted architect Rem Koolhaas. CCTV said an employee was responsible for the unauthorized fireworks display, to celebrate the end of the Lunar New Year. The blaze killed one person and cost tens of millions of dollars in damages. (The Wall Street Journal)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week