“Dear Lord,” said Dorothy Robinson in Metro Philadelphia, “how we wish we could figure out George Clooney’s type.” The "studly actor" has reportedly gone from dating cocktail waitress and Fear Factor contestant Sara Larson to Fatima Bhutto, a poet and journalist who's also slain Pakistani Leader Benazir Bhutto’s niece. (Watch an interview with Fatima Bhutto here, via YouTube) Quite a switch, but “we doubt it’ll work—she sounds much too smart to move to LA.”
Which is exactly why Clooney might really be interested, said Celebitchy. If Bhutto “ever expressed a desire to be more available to him, Clooney would probably bail.” He's “an unapologetic bachelor and falling for a lovely accomplished woman who necessarily lives far from him is just another way he’ll ensure he remains single for the foreseeable future.”
Don’t be so sure, said Gawker. Apparently, Clooney has said that he’s willing to abandon his bachelor ways if Bhutto wants to get serious with him. And who could blame him? Fatima Bhutto is smart, pretty, politically minded, and principled. Plus, she comes from money “so you know she's not just looking for his.” A perfect match.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week