Christian Bale this week apologized for his outburst on the set of Terminator: Salvation after a recording of the incident was leaked on the Internet. “I was out of order beyond belief,” the actor told Los Angeles radio station KROQ. “I know I have a potty mouth; everybody knows this now.” The four-minute recording captured a furious Bale cursing out the film’s cinematographer for walking into his line of sight during filming. It quickly became a source of countless YouTube remixes and jokes. “Feel free to make fun of me at my expense,” said Bale. “I completely deserve it.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week