Christian Bale this week apologized for his outburst on the set of Terminator: Salvation after a recording of the incident was leaked on the Internet. “I was out of order beyond belief,” the actor told Los Angeles radio station KROQ. “I know I have a potty mouth; everybody knows this now.” The four-minute recording captured a furious Bale cursing out the film’s cinematographer for walking into his line of sight during filming. It quickly became a source of countless YouTube remixes and jokes. “Feel free to make fun of me at my expense,” said Bale. “I completely deserve it.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
Subscribe to the Week