Just hours before he was to perform at the Grammy Awards, R&B singer Chris Brown, 19, was arrested for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, singer Rihanna, 20. The couple began fighting in Brown’s Lamborghini after leaving a pre-Grammy party in Los Angeles, said Foxnews.com. Rihanna called 911, and police found her “beaten really badly and hysterical,” a source told E! Online. Brown was released on $50,000 bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week