Robin Gibb, who formed the Bee Gees with his brothers Maurice and Barry, has fathered a child with his live-in housekeeper, said the London Daily Mail this week. Gibb, now 59, is in an open marriage and had his wife’s approval for an affair with 33-year-old Claire Yang. But Dwina Gibb, a poet and former druid priestess, kicked Yang out of the house after she got pregnant. “At first Dwina was happy for Robin to sow his oats,” said a friend, “but she never expected him to actually plant his seed.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week