Robin Gibb, who formed the Bee Gees with his brothers Maurice and Barry, has fathered a child with his live-in housekeeper, said the London Daily Mail this week. Gibb, now 59, is in an open marriage and had his wife’s approval for an affair with 33-year-old Claire Yang. But Dwina Gibb, a poet and former druid priestess, kicked Yang out of the house after she got pregnant. “At first Dwina was happy for Robin to sow his oats,” said a friend, “but she never expected him to actually plant his seed.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week