ere’s some “late-night breaking comedy news,” said Andrew Malcolm in the Los Angeles Times. Comedians have started making jokes about Barack Obama—“The One who’s president right now”! Jon Stewart, on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” cracked jokes about Obama’s speaking style and his mannerisms (click here for the video).
"Don't expect miracles, here," said Moe Lane in RedState. Stewart's a liberal, after all. But at least he's smart enough to realize that his audience will get bored if he just continues to lampoon "that Bush guy." It just goes to show, "you make fun of the president you have," even if you'd rather mock somebody else.
"Even given the eloquence of Obama," said Yael T. Abouhalkah in The Kansas City Star, "I'm pretty sure he will give Letterman and other comedians plenty of material to work with over the next four years." Obama already obligingly bumped his head—with TV cameras rolling (click here for the video)—while stepping onto the Marine One helicopter. Nine more makes a Top 10 list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week