Only 40% of Afghans say their country is headed in the right direction, down from 77% in 2005. Just 47% have a favorable opinion of the U.S., down from 83%.
ABC News/BBC/ARD German TV
20% of sexually active adults say they have missed work to make time for sex. 13% say they’ve missed out on time with the kids for sex, and 9% have canceled a doctor’s appointment. While 80% say they’ve put off sex because they were too tired or sick, 78% say the economic crisis has not affected their sex lives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week