OOD DAY FOR: Betting with Apple, after Nevada gaming authorities warned Las Vegas casinos last week about an application for the iPhone that helps blackjack players count cards. Card-counting isn’t illegal in Nevada, but using a device to count cards is a felony. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
BAD DAY FOR: Betting on Trump, after casino operator Trump International Resorts filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Tuesday, along with nine affiliated Trump enterprises. Namesake founder Donald Trump walked away from his investment in the company late last week. This is Trump International’s second foray into bankruptcy court, following a 2004 filing. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week