eter Gabriel has refused to perform at this year’s Academy Awards ceremony after being told that he’d only have 65 seconds for his nominated song, “Down to Earth” from the movie WALL-E. Oscar producers said they cut the six-minute song to fit into a medley. “Songwriters, even though they’re a small part of the filmmaking process, we still work bloody hard and I think deserve a place in the ceremony,” said Gabriel. “I’m an old fart and it’s not going to do me any harm to make a little protest.”
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- The problem with paying it forward
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
Subscribe to the Week