s the world marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birthday, only 39% of Americans say they “believe in the theory of evolution.” Those who attend church weekly and did not attend college are least likely to believe in evolution. Of Americans with postgraduate degrees, 74% do accept evolution as fact.
75% of Americans say the federal government should not take over the faltering U.S. banking system, while only 9% think nationalizing the banks is a good idea.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week