As the world marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birthday, only 39% of Americans say they “believe in the theory of evolution.” Those who attend church weekly and did not attend college are least likely to believe in evolution. Of Americans with postgraduate degrees, 74% do accept evolution as fact.
75% of Americans say the federal government should not take over the faltering U.S. banking system, while only 9% think nationalizing the banks is a good idea.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week