As the world marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birthday, only 39% of Americans say they “believe in the theory of evolution.” Those who attend church weekly and did not attend college are least likely to believe in evolution. Of Americans with postgraduate degrees, 74% do accept evolution as fact.
75% of Americans say the federal government should not take over the faltering U.S. banking system, while only 9% think nationalizing the banks is a good idea.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week